Lynne Spalding: Family Looking for S.F. Mother Who Disappeared From Local Hospital

Categories: Missing Person

via Facebook
Lynne Spalding
San Francisco police are looking for 57-year-old Lynne Spalding who went missing 12 days ago fro her hospital bed while being treated at San Francisco General Hospital.

Officer Albie Esparza says Spalding was admitted to the hospital and was being treated for an illness on Sept. 19. Hospital staff had been reportedly checking on Spalding every 15 minutes after she suffered complications from a surgery.

But on Saturday, Sept. 21, the "feisty" woman mysteriously vanished from her hospital room and has not been seen since.

David Perry, a spokesman for the family, told ABC News that Spalding was on medication that would often make her disoriented. Still, it didn't explain her disappearance from the hospital, he said.

"We find it disturbing that someone can go missing from the hospital," Perry said. "One would think there would be cameras or something."

According to the Find Lynne Facebook page, San Francisco General Hospital is conducting an internal investigation to figure out what went wrong.

Spalding, a native of Great Britain and mother of two, left her cellphone inside her hospital room, but may have left with her driver's license and cash.

Spalding is described as a 5-foot-6 white woman with long, dark hair. She weighs 105 pounds, and she may have been wearing blue jeans, black boots, and a black sweatshirt with the words "San Francisco Pow Wow" embroidered on it at the time she disappeared. Spalding also might be carrying a large black-and-white striped bag. She speaks with a heavy British accent and is very thin and frail.

Anyone with information about Spalding is asked to call San Francisco Police at 553-0123 and reference case #130796086.

My Voice Nation Help

Dear SF Weekly colleagues: thanks so, so much for following this story. We're all just devastated by Lynne's having gone missing, and are still looking for her -- and answers. One thing, however: she was not recovering from surgery. Rather, she was in the hospital (for two nights) to deal with an infection.

Again, thanks for following this story.

-- David Perry, spokesperson for the "Find Lynne Spalding Campaign"

Now Trending

From the Vault


©2014 SF Weekly, LP, All rights reserved.