Two Hospitalized After Early Morning Apartment Fire

Categories: Fire

ktvufire.png
via KTVU
That's a mean fire
Firefighters responded to an early morning blaze that started from a gas leak at an apartment in the city's Excelsior District, sending two people to the hospital.

Fire officials were called to the two-story residential building on the 100 block of Athens Street around 12:50 a.m. When they arrived, they found a busted gas line on the sidewalk with flames shooting 10 to 15 feet in the air, according to KTVU.

The fire was under control by 2:13 a.m. Two people were taken to a local hospital where they are being treated for smoke inhalation. One other person is now homeless. thanks to the two-alarm blaze.

PG&E crews have since capped the leak and repaired the damaged gas line, according to KTVU.
Fire officials are not sure exactly what (or who?) sparked the fire; however, an arson investigator was called to the scene.





My Voice Nation Help
0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

©2014 SF Weekly, LP, All rights reserved.
Loading...