Mysterious Carbon Monoxide Incident Sends 14 to Hospital

carbon monoxide poisoning.jpg
Guess what, Bernal Heights ...
More than a dozen people were rushed to the hospital last night -- and it wasn't because of rotten Thanksgiving leftovers. The San Francisco Fire Department reports 14 people were somehow exposed to carbon monoxide at a Bernal Heights home last night.

The strange incident occurred about 7 p.m. on 1223 Cortland St. when the dozen-plus residents were taken to the hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The patients indeed had traces of the toxic gas in their bloodstream, yet PG&E officials still have no clue where it came from, according to press reports.


PG&E reps arrived at the house and checked all gas appliances for possible sources of carbon monoxide, but found nothing of concern.

No word on how everyone is feeling this morning, but we'll tell you more when we know more.

My Voice Nation Help
0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

©2014 SF Weekly, LP, All rights reserved.
Loading...