SF Weekly Is Hiring Interns
SF Weekly will help you get your foot in the door and clips under your belt with a fall internship. We currently have two available for the fall semester: photo intern and multimedia intern.
Here are the job descriptions:
As a photo intern, you'll report to our art director. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Taking photos for a weekly print food review.
- Taking photos for our chef interviews to run in print and online.
- Taking photos of our drink of the week.
- Take two weekly photo slideshows of local concerts, news, food, and cultural
events. These slideshows will be usually tailored to your interests as a
photographer so pitch, pitch, pitch.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with the restaurants and events you take pictures of.
You will report to our art director and managing editor. This internship will prepare you for the ever-changing world of journalism. This is a multi-faceted internship that will train you to be a multi-talented journalist.
- You will learn successful social media marketing.
- You'll learn search engine optimization including effective headline writing.
- You will be responsible for taking photos for one slideshow weekly.
- You'll learn how to create a photo slideshow.
- You will be responsible for helping video production based on qualifications.
- You'll learn basic website layout protocol.
- You will be responsible for writing news, music and food blogs.
The fine print: We are unable to offer cash compensation for your hard work and efforts. You must enroll in a college internship program to qualify. Your internship will start when your semester begins and conclude when the semester ends. We are unable to supply photo equipment for you. You must have reliable transportation. Our offices are located in San Francisco.
If you think you got what it takes, e-mail out art director, Andrew J. Nilsen, at andrew dot nilsen at sf weekly dot com.