Jerry Brown Inauguration -- Top-10 Signs of 'Austerity'
|Gov. Jerry Brown served up some cold words to go along with the hot dogs|
What were some signs of austerity at Brown's swearing-in?
- Everyone asked to put away their own seats at the end of the ceremony
- Hat passed to cover the cost of hot dogs, massive budget deficit
- Attendees gained entry to the inauguration for free. Everyone was charged $40 to leave.
- Audience asked to clap if they believed in fiscal solvency
- Brown announces, in a cost-saving move, he will now be clothed by Aramark
- Cockamamie plan to sell state buildings and lease them back is scrapped. Cockamamie plan to burn state buildings for insurance money is adopted.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger auctioned off. He brings in $2,400 -- not bad, considering the price of ham is around $12 a pound.
- Thunderbird served at soiree
- Event heated by burning garbage cans
- Articles of clothing left in coat check impounded
Follow us on Twitter at @TheSnitchSF and @SFWeekly