|A feral cat devours crime lab evidence.|
Over the weekend, the Chron reported that a band of feral cats has taken over
part of the beleagured
crime lab. You might be thinking things couldn't get much worse around there, but as it turns out, a series of additional, heartbreaking SNAFUs recently occurred:
- A Muni bus crashed into it.
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom held a mud wrestling competition but forgot the mud, so everyone wrestled in crime evidence.
- The San Francisco Bay Guardian filed a lawsuit against it.
- With nothing better to do, Aaron Peskin showed up in a Speedo and wrecked the place, Tasmanian devil-style.
- Because it was raining Sunday, the Giants' game was moved inside the lab (on the plus side, though, everyone loved the inaugural Free Cocaine Day).
- A tiger escaped from the zoo and mauled some evidence -- including evidence
implicating said tiger in several prior maulings.
- Septuagenarian Carol Doda revived her striptease act on top of a lab table.
- The sea lions from Pier 39 showed up and had a turf war with the feral
- Chris Daly bought it, evicted everyone, and converted it into an investment property.
- Another Muni bus crashed into it.