California Nightmare: 'Urbanologist' Labels S.F. 'Ground Zero For California Narcissism'
|Are ghost towns the wave of the future for California? They may be, if a certain 'empty suit' wins the Governor's race|
- Kotkin refers to "our buffoonish current governor and a legislature divided between hysterical greens, public-employee lackeys, and Neanderthal Republicans" turning our state into a Banana Republic while the middle-class flows outward and a largely Latino underclass takes its place;
- California's outmigration has grown every year since 2003, and would be growing faster if people weren't imprisoned by unsellable homes;
- "California, like any gorgeously endowed person, has a natural inclination toward self-absorption. ... That's especially true of the Bay Area -- ground zero for California narcissism."
- Narcissistic politics led to calamaties like Props. 13 and 187 and continues to fuel misanthropic, self-serving endeavors in environmentalism;
- Hard-working, industrious immigrants living in places San Franciscans look down upon are the hope for the future -- far more so than "empty suits" like Gavin Newsom or Antonio Villaraigosa.
Photo | Celesteh