Top 10 Signs You Did Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Wrong
Ah music festivals. Doing them the right way is smart. Doing them the wrong way is hilarious -- for everyone else. This year we spent a good deal of time and energy offering positive advice on how to do Hardly Strictly. So here, in less-than-total seriousness, are 10 signs you did Hardly Strictly Bluegrass poorly. All photos by Christopher Victorio.
Christopher Victorio Are these people doing HSB right or doing it wrong? We're honestly not sure.
10. You failed to dress like a hillbilly.
And thus didn't get into the proper spirit of a bluegrass concert.
9. Dull headgear.
Really, there's no reason to stick with a standard-issue Giants cap or a floppy-brimmed hat at a massive outdoor music confab. The occasion calls for something more interesting.
8. You slept through it all.
Banjos do get boring, but there's always drinking and people-watching, right?
7. You wore any more clothing than was absolutely necessary...
6. ... Even if it was a silly costume ...
5. ... And especially if it was a big-ass fur coat.
Because dear god was it hot out there.
4. You came without a canine companion.
See our slideshow: The Dogs of Hardly Strictly 2013
3. You stayed on the ground.
Thus missing the best views Golden Gate Park had to offer.
2. You didn't get any crowd-surfing in.
We know it was a bluegrass festival and all, but c'mon.
1. You missed the amazing sunset on Sunday night.
Hopefully these people turned around at some point.