The 10 Worst Things About Avril Lavigne's New "Rock N Roll" Video
So what are the very worst things about "Rock N Roll"? Here's our list:
1. The most brazen and sickly product placement in the history of music video. "Oh! My new Sony phone is ringing!" Cue viewer vomit.
2. "I don't care about my makeup" is a line that only works if you don't have a full face of slap that clearly took a professional two hours to apply. Also: terrible opening line for a song.
3. Billy Zane = Completely ruined forever.
4. "I don't care if I'm a misfit -- I like it better than the hipster bullshit." You've gotta be shitting me...
5. The scene where Avril stands in the path of a girl who's minding her own business, gives her judge face, then tears her clothes up with a knife for no fucking reason -- further promoting the bullying and girl-on-girl hate that Avril previously supported in the video for "Girlfriend."
6. "I ain't never gonna cover up my tattoo." It is ill-advised, at best, to brag about being tattooed, if it's "tattoo" singular.
7. When Avril Lavigne tries to be Ke$ha and talks about getting "wasted," she not only lacks conviction, but also makes wacky drinking and driving jokes that are in shamefully poor taste.
8. Gratuitous girls-on-girl make-out scene. Yawn.
9. The parody of Slash's guitar solo scene from Guns N' Roses' "November Rain" video. Dream on, Lavigne.
10. The entire premise that this song is even vaguely rock 'n' roll.