We're Looking for a Few Metallica Superfans in the Bay Area -- Are You One?
These your boys? Prove it.
Does this ever happen to you? In a casual conversation, you nonchalantly mention that, despite Napster, Lulu, and James Hetfield not having long hair anymore, you still like Metallica. Then the person you're talking to goes, "You still like Metallica? Who likes Metallica!?"
It happens to us, and frankly, we're tired of it. Who likes Metallica? Lots of people -- and we want to show the wiseasses. So next week, as Metallica plays four fan club-only shows at the Fillmore to celebrate its 30th anniversary, we're going to profile a few of the band's craziest, most die-hard Bay Area fans here on All Shook Down. Are you a hardcore Metallica fan who lives in the Bay Area? Do you want to demonstrate your obsession with the band to the world at large? Then read on to find out how you can be considered.
Here are the basic requirements:
- You have to be, like, a huge fan. If you haven't seen Metallica live several times, don't own a T-shirt, and haven't paid attention since the Black Album, you probably aren't who we're looking for.
- You have to live in the Bay Area, or northern California. Sorry, we're a local publication.
- You have to be able to send us a decent quality photo of yourself for use on All Shook Down, preferably while decked out in Metallica gear, waving the Dio horns, or headbanging (or all of the above).
- You have to be willing to answer an email from us with 10-15 questions this weekend.
- Understand that all you're getting out of this is a chance to show the world how much you love Metallica -- and temporary blog fame. We don't have tickets, cash, or drugs to give you if we write about you. Just so we're clear.
- Extra bonus if you're such a superfan that you're attending one or all of next week's fan club shows.
And that is all! If you fit the criteria, email us at SFAllShookDown@Gmail.com and tell us briefly -- and in as logical terms as your metal-addled brain can muster -- why we should pick you as one of our Metallica superfans. If you're picked, you'll hear from us. If you're not, you probably won't be.
Good luck, metalheads.