Week in Vegan: Cruelty-Free Fashion, Swan Preservation, Diets for Dogs
- Should you go vegan? Absolutely. Should your dog? That's a more complicated question which you should talk to your veterinarian about. Keep your pets healthy!
- More and more designers are turning towards cruelty-free fashion. Pleather for everyone. (Except for me, because watching me struggle in a pair of pleather pants is not a cruelty-free experience.)
- Denmark has banned 'Halal' and 'Kosher' slaughter, which requires the animal to be conscious during the killing.
- A bill has been filed to stop the systematic murder of mute swans in New York. I get that swans may be a problem, but there's also probably a better way to handle this? Can't we knit them each a shirt out of brambles?
- Olympic medalist Alexey Voeyvoda loves both bobsledding and "happy living animals." Congratulations on everything, Alexey!
- There is now an instrument that will open your coconut for you. Where is my jet pack?
- This dog will cook his way right into your heart.