Tired of the Same Old Stories on $4 Toast? Here are 16 New Approaches!
Every day I think we've reached Peak $4 Toast Think Piece and every day the Internet proves me wrong. Edible SF's latest cover story is just the latest in a long, illustrious line of journalistic meditations on the trend. There's Pacific Standard's much-shared article tracing toast's origins to Trouble Coffee; CHOW's response to Pacific Standard; our November feature on artisanal flour; Venture Beat's story on how $4 toast is ruining S.F.; SFist's response to Venture Beat ... the list goes on. (Full disclosure: I wrote my first-ever article for SF Weekly, back in July 2012, about $4 toast.)
But don't fret, would-be authors of viral blog posts -- there are plenty more angles to cover. We've generated some story ideas to help you get a piece of the pageview action.
- Profile of Heinrich Lamborghini-St. Lucia, Inventor of the $4 Toast Toaster
- Is $4 Toast Being Made on a Secret Barge in the Bay?
- Best Vines of People Paying $4 For Toast, Ranked
- Video: Watch the $4 Toast-Making Process From the Toast's Perspective
- Does $4 Toast Always Land Buttered-Side Down? A Very Costly Experiment
- $4 Toast Found to Cost Only $3.50 in Oakland
- Cronut vs. $4 Toast: What Does Your Preference Say About You?
- The Rise of $2 Microtoast
- 10 $4 Toast Toppings '90s Kids Will Love
- How the Other Half Toasts: A Family of Eight in an Illegal Mission In-Law Subsists on One $4 Slice of Toast a Day
- Getting Toasted: Barrel-Aged Cocktail Pairings for $4 Toast Toppings
- You Won't Believe Which Tech Barons Cut the Crusts Off Their $4 Toast
- Infographic: What $4 Can Buy You Instead of Artisan Toast
- Randy Jefferson Sells Bags of $4 Toast Crumbs, Puts Self Through Culinary School
- What We Talk About When We Talk About $4 Toast
- $5 Toast is Ruining San Francisco
Incidentally, this would be a good time to get into the $4 toast industry.