Farm to Cupcake, Bill Gates, and Salmonella is a'Brewing in Your Backyard
- Don't you love when bazillionaires get behind a cause you like? Me too! So I'm pretty stoked that Bill Gates is all about changing factory farming. He's even promoting Hampton Creek Foods and their plant-based egg substitute. Here's a little background, these dudes seem pretty pro-animal:
- For your weekly ag-gag news, let's turn to mainstream news. Ag-gag's spot is being blown up!
- Want to make your own almond milk? Me neither! But if I have to, a handsome firefighter might as well teach me.
- The Marin County vegan bakesale is next month and they need some bakers! Go to Vegansaurus (a site for which I write) to get the lowdown. And of course if you can't bake, you are still welcome to give your money and eat all the food.
- You heard about the thousands of pigs mysteriously turning up dead in China? That's still weirding everybody out.
- In other fun news, turns out a bunch of mail-order chickens people are raising in their backyards (until they are too old to produce eggs in which case they are dinner/someone else's problem) are giving everybody Salmonella. Nice.
- OK but in for real fun news, come to Farm to Cupcake on April 6th in Sacramento! "Farm to Cupcake," that is hilar.
See also: Food & Farm Film Fest Combines Advocacy With Tasty Snacks
Talking Sausages, Killer Salami, and Vegan Perogies in Oakland
Chocolate Salami, Dairy Pushes Aspartame, and Justin Timberlake Brings it on Down to Veganville
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!