GQ Eats Vegan, Vegans Cook Naked, and Everyone is Obsessed with Horse Meat
- Happy Meatless Monday! But more importantly: Happy Birthday to ME! Yay! Since it's my birthday, you should learn to make peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and mail them to me! That would be very nice of you.
- If you are looking for a more risque cooking show, you can try NakedVeganCooking.com. It's self-explanatory.
- One of my favorite omni food writers, J. Kenji López-Alt, is testing the vegan waters again and has a great post about buffalo fried cauliflower! Fried and cauliflower are my two favorite words.
- Philadelphia vegan restaurant Vedge made it to GQ's list of "The 12 Most Outstanding Restaurants of 2013." I've been to Vedge and it is pretty awesome.
- Academy Awards fans will be glad to know that Anne Hathaway was wearing a custom pair of vegan Giuseppe Zanotti shoes last night. Why does she get all the nice stuff?!
- Wolfgang Puck was also sure to include vegan options at the Oscar's after-party.
- SFoodie's own Mary Ladd tried the new Chipotle tofu option and seemed pleased.
- Horse meat scandals are apparently swaying British shoppers towards more meat substitutes says The Economist. I still don't really get this. These people already eat cows...why do they draw the line at horses? I'm not the only one who wonders about this:
Follow @MeganRascal on twitter!