Biscuits, Bakesales and Babycakes S.F.!
- Happy Meatless Monday! What did you have for breakfast? I had weird chickpea flour corn fritters with applesauce because I'm cray and that's what I have every morning. But what I WISH I had is this breakfast biscuit casserole from Namely Marly! Let us admire its beauty:
- The biggest news of the week is that BabyCakes is planning on opening a new bakery in San Francisco! No timing on that yet--they are first opening one in Chicago--but I'll keep an eye on that for you.
- Moving along, there are two upcoming bakesales and both need bakers badly! The SF Vegan Bakesale is Sunday, Feb. 10th, and then Harvest Home Sanctuary is having a vegan bakesale in Oakland on Saturday the 9th. So if you can bake for either, click the links and get in touch with the organizers. If you can't bake, you can still help out by EATING ALL THE VEGAN YUMMIES.
- Are you into Chipotle? I'm into Chipotle. That's why I think it's pretty sweet that they will be testing out a new marinated shredded-tofu filling in the Bay Area! Let's hope it's more successful than the Gardein tease.
- Do you have plans with your true love this Valentine's Day? Me neither! We should go to the Hella Vegan Eats Valentine's pop-up dinner! I'll wear a beret and carry a single red rose, so you can recognize me.
- In health news, eating vegetarian may cut your risk of heart disease by one third. Eating vegan prob cuts it by a million thirds!
- Finally, I will leave you with this gift of cuteness from Farm Sanctuary's Facebook page. This is a new baby lamb at the sanctuary and she has to wear this funny onesie to stay warm! OMFGSTFU.
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!