Quinoa Controversy, Sriracha Soy Curls, and You Can Now Officially Feel Bad for Lobsters
- Buzzfeed, king of list-makers, has an excellent list on "The 19 Most Annoying Things About Being Vegan." It's dead on.
- Your weekly food porn: Sriracha-Habanero Vegan Buffalo Wings from Olives for Dinner. I'm not I've ever had Sriracha but it's super popular, right? I think people are obsessed with it. This one's for you:
- Big surprise: Lobsters and crabs probably do feel pain when you toss them in boiling water. Color me shocked.
- You MUST have heard of this whole quinoa controversy. The Guardian posted one op-ed about it which targets vegans and it's atrocious. I wrote a response over on Vegansaurus, check it out.
- Our favorite vegan to the south Quarrygirl has a new video series! Let's learn about tacos:
- Animal Place is giving away two Cinnaholic gift certificates! Hurry up and enter now, it's about to end.
- Also from Animal Place, two calves spared from the dinner plate meet for the first time. They finally have a cow friend! Look at little Stanley, he is so excited!:
- The Mayor of Chicago wants his city to go vegan--this guy is cray!
- The New York Times had a piece "How to Go Vegan" that had some tips for, well, going vegan. Our pals at SuperVegan were less than impressed. More controversy! More VEGAN controversy!
- And finally, ag-gag rears its ugly head in New Hampshire. It's the worst.
See Also: Yelp Gets Even More Powerful by Posting S.F. Restaurant Health Ratings
Portlandia's Food World Satire Just Keeps Getting Better: Our Favorite Sketches
Kosher Veggie Chinese Hideaway Shangri-La Turns 35 This Year
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!