Kristen Bell Loves Pigs, Sweet Potatoes Love Chocolate, and This Squirrel is Like "OMG"
- Hello and happy Meatless Monday! What has everyone been making lately? I've been making microwave meals, but Minimalist Baker made these awesome chocolate-dipped sweet potato chips. I want them like whoa:
- Kristen Bell, the love of my life, is preggers, and consequently feels even more strongly for the poor mama pigs in gestation crates; the star sent a letter to the National Pork Producers Council about it.
- Now guys, Valentine's Day is coming up, and Farm Sanctuary has just the thing to show your sweetie you care about them AND animals. It's the Farm Sanctuary "milk" chocolate candy-filled heart!
- On a terribly sad note, up to 900 dolphins have been killed in the Solomon Islands over a pay dispute with Berkeley-based Earth Island Institute. I don't have much to say except that it's a real tragedy.
- On a brighter note, S.F.'s Hampton Creek Foods is making a new egg alternative using the powers of science! Yay science! Read all about them and other entrepreneurs breaking into the mad world of lab-developed food.
- Also, there's a new "plant-based diet" TV show on the Veria channel (?). It airs tonight! Let's try to find that channel and watch.
- Finally, I bring you everyone's favorite television moment of the week: Squirrel has OMG moment on a BBC nature doc:
See Also: Quinoa Controversy, Sriracha Soy Curls, and You Can Now Officially Feel Bad for Lobsters
Cookies in Muffins, Padma Lakshmi on Lentils, and Fishing Kills Whales
New Vegan Cooking Show, a Hero Chicken, and Down With Pork!
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!