Cookies in Muffins, Padma Lakshmi on Lentils, and Fishing Kills Whales
- It's another lovely Meatless Monday. For your vegan food porn of the week, I present this vision of beauty/lunacy fromQuiche a Week:
It's a cookie...baked inside a muffin! A COOKIE BAKED INSIDE A MUFFIN! I can't even.
- I guess the Golden Globes were last night. I didn't watch. I don't really like watching TV about TV. But so word is Anne Hathaway had some custom vegan Aldos on. Nice.
- In other celeb news, Padma Lakshmi was on Ellen making some lentil goodness. OMG, what if Top Chef went vegan! That would be the most.
- The SF Chronicle profiled the lovely sanctuary Animal Place. That was nice of them.
- Guess what pescatarians, fishing kills a crap-ton of whales: "Scientists working with the International Whaling Commission estimate that 300,000 cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises) die each year by entanglement in fishing gear." So, enjoy your maki, you totally killed Willy.
- And for my final act, a silly anti-fur ad from Woody Harrelson and the Humane Society:
- New Vegan Cooking Show, a Hero Chicken, and Down With Pork!
- The Year In Vegan
- Vegan Nutballs, Meat Sales Down, and Timeless Coffee Brings Vegan Goodness to Oakland
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!