Peanut Brittle, Trader Joe's Vegan Cheese, and Happy Holidays!
- Happy holidays, my friends! What's a better way to say "hey pal, you're alright" than gifting some homemade vegan peanut brittle? With the Sweet Life's recipe, you can do just that.
- Vegansaurus (a site for which I write!) has some big news this week, apparently Trader Joe's has vegan cheese shreds. Everyone is excited. Also, extra extra: vegan-friendly Victory Burger opens in Oakland.
- Public service announcement: This cute pup Lydia is looking for a home! Will you make this Harvest Home resident's holiday dream come true? Look at that face!
- Also from Harvest Home Sanctuary, their holiday party is this Saturday at Saturn Cafe! Party like you love animals.
- And don't forget there's a End of the World Hella Vegan Eats tonight! There's going to be crazy doughnut burgers. Party like it's all over.
- If you want to buy some presents for people that also support a good cause, get ye to the Humane Domain! A lovely online shop from the Humane Society. I'm also partial to these mason jars from PETA:
- More from PETA, ever try to explain why down is so effed? Alicia Silverstone is here to help with scary videos. Spoiler alert: down is so effed.
- Here's a Christmas miracle: Milk sales are down 30% since 1975. HUZZAH!
- To round out our Week In Vegan, let's watch Mercy for Animals year in review (warning: some graphic stuff). Bonus!: all donations to MFA will be matched until December 31st!
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!