Vegan Butterfingers, Election Night Get-Down, and Holiday Loaf News!
- The big news this week is both Gardein and Trader Joe's have come out with vegan Thanksgiving "loafs" of sorts. You better make your pro and con lists now because you can get BOTH of these AND a Field Roast loaf! Or you totally can and be awesome.
- In more Thanksgiving news, the Washington Post says that veggie Thanksgivings can be just as super-awesome as traditional meaty ones! I'm paraphrasing but that's the general idea.
- I'm sure you heard about "Frankenstorm" Sandy, right? Well it's totally effed. If you are interested in helping out the many animals affected by the storm, here are some great resources.
- So what are your big plans for election night? You should totally eat until you drop! And I know just the place: Kitchener in Oakland is having a vegetarian feast and pop-up market. And there's going to be FREE BEER. Those are my two favorite words right next to each other.
- I have another food announcement: Go Max Go has come out with a vegan Butterfingers! Huzzah! They sent me one to try for free and I can say with authority that it is spantaculous. The bar is so good, I had to make up a new adjective for it. It should hit stores this month.
- It looks like the IRS hates Rick Berman. Don't we all.
- I know we're all totally tired of Gangnam Style but just watch this last vegan-themed parody, it's totally worth it!
- Homeless Roosters, Singing Pigs, and Cat Racism!
- Thanksgiving Galore, PETA's Holiday Antics, and Pit Bulls & Sexy Men Calendars For All!
- Vegan Big Mac, Space Veggies, and Happy Hellaween!