Happy Vegan Thanksgiving with Week In Vegan!
- Happy Thanksgiving week! To celebrate, Mercy for Animals released this undercover footage of turkey abuse at a Butterball factory. Be warned: it's not for the faint of heart. I couldn't watch the whole thing, too sad. But you are prob tougher than me!
- So, what are you thankful for? I'm thankful for not being a turkey! Unless of course you are an awesome turkey having fun at Farm Sanctuary's Celebration FOR the Turkeys over the weekend.
- You most likely already know what you're making for T-day, but if you need some inspiration, here's a super looking recipe for vegan chestnut and spicy pecan stuffing. The recipe starts about 4 minutes in:
- For some more vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving recipes, the New York Times is having a lovely veggie Thanksgiving feature. It's been super in the past so we are stoked they are doing it again.
- But if you don't want to make everything yourself, Vegansaurus (a site for which I write!) has your SF vegan thanksgiving dining in guide and a dining out guide. Get it, girl!
- Finally, oh boy, oh boy! It's my favorite time of the year! The Macy's SPCA windows are finally here! There's even a live stream if you can't make it over there.
Photo by Jennifer Jamieson for SF SPCA
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!