Chocolate Cheez, Fried Pickles, and HSUS is the Devil (Says Pork Industry)
- Guys, I wasn't even kidding, Annie Oliverio made us vegan chocolate dessert cheese! Can you believe it? I, for one, cannot believe it. And I can't wait to try it! Provided I get my ass off the couch and make it!
- Happy Meatless Monday! Los Angeles city council officially endorsed Meatless Monday last week. And OMG the city wasn't overrun by communists hell-bent on taking away meat-lovers' social liberties!
- Below is a video of some of the Humane Society's rescue efforts after super-storm Sandy. If you want to donate to their disaster relief fund, you totally should do so here.
- In election news, our dear Laura Beck reports that a rescue cat name Hank came in third in Virginia's senate race. That, my friends, rules. And I can't imagine a cat could do worse damage than your average senator.
- Who went to Harvest Home's Toast to the Turkeys?! It looked like a grand affair. If you missed it, you can still help a turkey out. Just pick one like sexy Kimo here and sponsor them for just 15 bones!
- Update: Pork Magazine still hates the Humane Society. I still think it's hilarious that Pork Magazine exists. Well, I guess it's sad. Hilarisad.
- According to Jenny at Vegansaurus (a site for which I write!), Bender's in the Mission has kick-ass vegan food, including fried pickles and vegan ranch! Vegan ranch is my dream come true.
- The Keep sneakers by Bon Iver are out! Get them while they're hot! And check out this ridiculously adorbs video starring the cutest kitten ever. Proceeds from the shoes go to Best Friends Animal Society, so you can feel totally awesome about looking totally awesome.
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!