Morrissey, Mike Vick, and a Very Happy Piggy!
- Hey pals, do you ever say to yourself, "What am I going to do with all this cookie butter?!" Boy do I have the solution: Make these salted chocolate cookie butter cups! They are out of control. I love salt and chocolate together and cookie butter is just bananas so these have a lot going for them.
- It's Meatless Monday once again, how about you set it off with cooking tips from the Cinnamon Snail? Cinnamon Snail is only one of the best vegan food trucks ever. It just serves NYC and dirty Jerz but now you can cook like them at home. Yay!
- Morrissey was totally on Colbert. Peculiarity ensues:
- If you haven't heard: Mike Vick got a dog. I'm not super stoked nor super angry. Seems that neither is the Humane Society. They are basically like, "we didn't tell him to get a dog but we got bigger problems, yo!" But Vick's statement about it made me feel positive. He says he got a dog because he wants his children to "develop a healthy relationship with animals." That sounds pretty reasonable, no?
- In super terrible things, Mercy For Animals came out with a new undercover video (click the link to watch it). It takes place at a dairy farm, one of Burger King's suppliers, and it's brutal. For everyone who thinks dairy is a harmless bi-product, watch the vid and then tell me that again.
- I have two pieces of exciting vegan food news from Vegansaurus (a site for which I write!). Scream Sorbet is making vegan ice cream sandwiches and apparently Alive & Healing is the latest and greatest tempeh to hit the Northern California scene. Also, if you haven't gotten your Vegansaurus app yet, you're totally cray!
- In what may be the best news of late, looking at cute animal pics may improve your concentration! Let's test that theory and look at adorable Eric being totally jazzed about a pumpkin at Farm Sanctuary in Watkins Glen. He's super into that pumpkin!
- Cookie Butter: Trader Joe's Hatches Evil Plot to Cause Addiction
- Vegansaurus Just Launched a Sassy App for Bay Area Vegan Eating
- James Cameron is Vegan, Chico State isn't, and These Ducks are the Happiest!
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter.