Homeless Roosters, Singing Pigs, and Cat Racism!
- You knew I would have a Halloween-y recipe for you so let's just get that out of the way. I present stuffed-pepper jack-o-lanterns! Even though bell peppers are my nemesis, these are adorbs.
- It's kind of slow in the way of vegan news this week so let's just watch a video, shall we? (Hint: we shall!) The big hit this week was this video from Animals Australia. It's a tearjerker. Like, seriously. The actual commercial they made is just in the first two minutes; I didn't watch the rest of it so you have permission to just watch the first two minutes as well. But tell me, did you cry before that two minutes was up? Admit it!
- Kristen Bell talks to Shape about her favorite vegan foods. I love Kristen Bell so much. That's all.
- People are totally racist against black cats, Berkeley says so. Sigh. WTF? Black cats are so pretty!
- As if pork production wasn't bad enough, living near factory pig farms is bad for your health. Luckily, it's just underserved communities that get stuck with factory farms so the meat industry doesn't have to pretend to care.
- Dairy industry leaders are predicting mass dairy closures in California. Huzzah, I say! And if anyone tries to tell you this is a tragedy because people are losing jobs, ask them if, by that same logic, we should encourage smoking? Wouldn't want anyone to lose their job just because you can't hack it as a smoker!
- On the San Francisco Peninsula, a little girl chick turned out to be a boy rooster (if I had a nickel!). Now he needs a new home because the area does not allow roosters. Another gold star for backyard farming!
- Finally, more fun with piglets and pumpkins. The best part is when the one piggy totally sprints away with his prize.
Follow @MeganRascal on Twitter!