Cows Are Eating Candy, Moby Likes Carnivores, and Vegan Snickers Pancakes!
- Happy Meatless Monday! Maybe you should have pizza today to celebrate? Word on the street is that Goodfella's Pizzeria in North Beach has added vegan pizza to their menu. Daiya cheese and vegan pepperoni, say word! If they get a good response, I hear they'll keep it on the menu for good.
- For your weekly food porn, I present: Snickers Pancakes from the Minimalist Baker! Have you ever even imagined? What's next, Butterfinger waffles? (please say yes!)
- Moby was all up in the New York Times talking about how vegans and "carnivores" can play nice. What's he smoking? JK, some of my closest friends eat cheese. Poor bastards.
- Also in NYT, SoCal is the vegan mecca, apparently. Warning: don't read the comments, they are so bad. Plus, SF gets no props! Pish, whatever.
- In celebrity news, Anne Hathaway had an all-vegan menu at her wedding this past weekend. Man, I never get to go to vegan weddings. People have been really nice about my food needs at their omni weddings but it's always this whole to-do and I get a bunch of attention and "did you get enough to eat?" like it's the last meal I'll ever have. I totally appreciate their concern but I'm also like, can we just look at the bride and do the macarena or whatever? I don't want all that attention on someone else's big day!
- Ecorazzi asks the tough question: where are the best veggie burgers in the U.S.? Obvi Plant's Plant burger makes the list. That bad boy rules.
- If you haven't already heard this, you live under a blissful vegan rock: Apparently, there's going to be a bacon shortage. Everyone is totes upset. Britain's National Pig Association even has a "Save Our Bacon" campaign in an effort to counteract this terrible bacon-deficient future. Cry me a mother-loving river.
- This Friday, Picnic Bakery will be at Kitchener Oakland. Get your freak on! And by that I mean eat a bunch of sugar and spaz out. They'll be selling Peppermint Pandas and giving out samples of Apple Cream Cheese Coffeecake (have mercy!).
- I will leave you with a bit of WTF news: The price of feed is so high that farmers have started feeding their cows candy instead. Like, legit candy. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.
- There's Arsenic in Your Rice, The Foie Gras Ban Stands, and Starbucks Says, "Screw You, Soy Lovers!"
- Basil Strawberry Shortcake, Animal Hugs, and the Nanny Cooks Vegan!
- Porkocalypse: Next Year May Bring a Worldwide Bacon Shortage
|Picnic Bakery's Peppermint Pandas|