SFoodie's 2012 Farmers' Market Schedule and Map
View San Francisco Farmers Markets 2012 in a larger map
Despite concern over the possibility that we may soon have too many farmers markets, the San Francisco farmers' market scene remains as robust as ever. The last few years have seen a major proliferation of neighborhood markets, and even local hospitals have taken small markets under their wings. Consequently, the distribution is so broad it's no inconvenience to hit one up, even on a workday.
Surely a major contributor to the markets' viability is that they now crop up nearly every day of the week. That said, the lion's share of markets is on weekends and midweek (pro tip: make that doctor's appointment for a Wednesday), so make sure you don't have an urgent need for stinging nettles on a Monday or Friday.
This year we're seeing an increase in small weekday markets targeted to the downtown and SoMa crowd, including Yerba Buena Lane, Second Street, and Mint Plaza, the latter of which is the city's sole Friday market. As of press time, Monday's Fremont Street market does not have an opening schedule published.
We've mapped out all of San Francisco farmers' markets, using a spring-y palette to help you identify the day the market occurs: pink pins for Saturday markets; purple for Sunday; orange for Monday; yellow for Tuesday; turquoise for Wednesday; green for Thursday; and blue for Friday. You'll find a full schedule of markets, organized by day, after the jump.
- Ferry Plaza: 8 a.m.-2 p.m., year round
- Noe Valley: 24th Street between Sanchez and Vicksburg, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., year round
- Fillmore: O'Farrell at Fillmore, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., year round
- Alemany: 100 Alemany, dawn to dusk, year round
- Divisadero: Grove at Divisadero, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., year round
- Fort Mason Center: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., year round
- Glen Park: Parking lot of the Glen Park BART Station, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., April 1-November 25
- Heart of the City: United Nations Plaza, Civic Center, 7 a.m.-5 p.m., year round
- Inner Sunset: Parking Lot between Eighth and Ninth Avenues south of Irving Street, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., year round
- North Beach: Mason St between Columbus Ave and Lombard St, 9 am-1:30 pm, May 1-Oct. 2
- Stonestown Galleria: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., year round
- Ferry Plaza: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., year round
- Crocker Galleria: 50 Post at Montgomery, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., starting June 5
- Yerba Buena Lane, Market Street between 3rd & 4th, 1-6 p.m., Apr. 10-Oct. 23
- Castro: Noe at Market, 4 p.m.-8 p.m., Mar. 14-Dec. 19
- Heart of the City: United Nations Plaza, Civic Center, 7 am-5 pm, year round
- Kaiser Permanente: Geary Blvd at St. Joseph's St., 10 am-2 pm, year round
- Second Street: 303 Second at Folsom, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m., May 23-October 24
- UCSF Mission Bay: Gene Friend Way between Third and Fourth Streets, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Apr. 13-Nov. 16
- UCSF Parnassus: 505 Parnassus, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., year round
- Upper Haight: Waller at Stanyan, 4-8 p.m., Apr. 4-Oct. 24
- Crocker Galleria: 50 Post, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., year round
- Ferry Plaza: 10 am-2 pm, year round
- Mission Community Market: Bartlett and 22nd St., 4-8 p.m., Apr. 14-Dec. 15
- Mint Plaza: 66 Mint, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., April 13-October 26
- Rincon Center: 101 Spear, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.