Emily Luchetti Hawks Giants-Themed Cookies on Opening Day
|No, Tim Lincecum and Brian Wilson's cookies -- left to right -- do not exactly resemble their namesakes. Nor were Wilson's cookies produced by "The Machine."|
Well, San Francisco does take on Pittsburgh in Friday's home-opener. Ellis retired more than 30 years ago and an LSD-hawking pop-up might not go over so well, even in San Francisco. So how about a cookie?
Emily Luchetti, the pastry chef for Waterbar and Farallon restaurants, will be pushing $5 bags of Giants-themed cookies at 399 Embarcadero South on Friday starting at 11:30. The goods offered will be Tim Lincecum's "pitchersnaps"; Pablo Sandoval's "Panda Prints" (peanut butter and jam cookies in honor of the Giants' annual crash-dieter); Buster Posey's Chocolate Chunks; and Brian Wilson's Chocolate Sea Salt ShortBEARDs -- because nothing moves cookies like thematically tying them to Rasputin-like, jet-black facial hair.
As you can see, the cookies don't actually resemble the Giants players (and, with Lincecum's long hair and Wilson's Civil War-era beard, these are some fairly distinctive gents; in silhouette they resemble The Young Ones). While we're sure Luchetti's fare is delicious, here are the Giants cookies we wish we could buy:
- Ryan Theroit's Crawdaddy Jambalaya Snickerdoodle Snack Cakes;
- Melky Cabrera's Melky-Way Melk Chocolate Cafe Con Leche Crisps;
- Matt Cain's Spectacular But No Cookie Is Worth This Money Oatmeal Clusters;
- Madison Bumgarner's Lil' MadBums;
- Angel Pagan's Devil's Dumplings;
- And, finally, the cookie every concerned Giants fan really wants to see, the Buster Posey Avoid Contact Chip, which will leap off the plate when you reach for it.
Follow us on Twitter: @sfoodie, and like us on Facebook.