Help Rescued Chickens, Wild Horses Under Attack from Terrible Humans, and Butternut Mac 'n' Cheese Bites!
Hey guys, let's start this week off with some sad news because that's how I do it: This is my last Week in Vegan! I'm moving on to different pastures (not killing myself, just a new job) and I wanted to say, writing with you as been among the most rewarding experiences in my life, and ALSO, Megan Rascal from Vegansaurus, who is taking over for me, is much funnier, smarter, and sexier* than yours truly, so promise me you'll still get loose with it? I love you.
• Troma Entertainment made a short video about the animals people eat. It's totally great and hilarious and light-hearted and filled with merriment and joy. Check it out:
• That bullfighter who was face-gored (horn through eye socket, son!) is now looking and acting just like a Batman villain! Super creeps! He's back in the ring, killing bulls with a vengeance. Sounds like a really great guy who is super smart about learning lessons and stuff. The most fucked up thing about bullfighting is that even when the bull wins, the bull loses. That's no sport, that's The Hunger Games. Also, WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR THE HUNGER GAMES? I'll be the grown-ass woman dressed like Peeta at the midnight showing.
• There's an all-vegan episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network this weekend! Vegan gluttony on the boob tube, could anything be better? Make to watch sprawled naked in front of your TV, surrounded by a pile of puppies, spraying whipped cream into your maw. Sweet heaven, my friends!
• Watch this video of thousands of chickens being saved from that horrible place in Stanislaus county! It's a super great and touching video:
Now, go donate to them and go shopping for them and spread the word about how chickens are amazing and smart and goofy and little flying dinosaurs DO IT!
• You in New York City? Go to their Vegetarian Food Festival this weekend and eat for those of us who can't. Think of the children! And then restrict your caloric consumption because children can EAT. Speaking of New York, you're totally getting an all vegan clothing store, too! Vaute Couture is opening up, and they sell the cutest shit, so buy it all before you're too fat to fit into any of it. Plus sizes coming soon?? Fingers crossed!!
• Your tax money is paying for the capture of wild horses. And it's actually even more fucked up than that because they're using that land to graze cattle. IT'S SO FUCKED UP. You guys, really, get angry about this and take some action because if we don't speak up for horses -- one of the symbols of American freedom! -- who will? And I know what you're thinking but Mister Ed BEEN dead, we can't count on him.
*Lie -- I'll always be the sexiest! Peace!
Follow SFoodie on Twitter: @SFoodie, and like us on Facebook.