Non-Gross Raw Food Classes, Vegan Deep-Dish in Alameda, and Vegan Bodybuilders!
• Check out this YouTube video from some Danish game show where some people are taken aback to learn that pork comes from pigs. SHOCKING EXPOSÉ: Pork comes from pigs! You heard it here first. Also, Danish is my best guess. I actually have no clue what it is or what language they're speaking in. I'm a product of the American school system, what do you want? Socrates? Sorry, you got Forrest Gump.
• Some brave soul wants to open a vegan business in Portland. Like THAT'S gonna happen. Help him make his dream come true of serving ice cream in a town that's infamously unwelcoming of "our kind" (that's even what they call us!) I mean, only THREE vegan bakeries? It's like communist Russia up there. Get in line, comrade.
• You live on The Island? Well, you've got cornmeal-crust vegan deep-dish pizza, son! Bowzer's in Alameda is serving up a vegan pizza that's more than a dollar but also, it'll make you extra holler. Seriously, it's super great and if you live in Alameda and aren't eating it right now, I have no idea why you haven't ended it all. I'M TALKING TO YOU, MOM.
• World's first hybrid shark found off the coast of Australia! Man, Australia gets all the cool shit, like criminals and koala bears. And now hybrid sharks? Seriously, hate them so much.
• Vegan Superstar/Author Jack Norris is going to discuss vegan nutrition and sign copies of his book Vegan for Life this upcoming Wednesday, Jan. 11, at 6 p.m. at the Book Passage in the Ferry Building. Go to it, okay? Learn how to be a thriving vegan angel of health and delight and then come here and talk shit on me in the comments for living almost exclusively off of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. Delicious Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos.
• San Francisco! Learn how to make delicious raw foods in a class at Pot + Pantry with the delightful Laura of Sidesaddle Kitchen. These classes notoriously fill up fast so if you want to learn to make raw food in the wake of Cafe Gratitude's imminent departure, GET UP ON THIS!