Ryan Gosling Loves Animals, Baby Goats Are the New Baby Jesus, and Banana Nog!
• Have you seen Farm Sanctuary's new rescued baby goat? Because I have and my eyes haven't been the same since. For reals, I now see colors previously unknown to the human eye, and I have insane facial recognition software imbedded in my cornea that allows me to function just like Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible--Ghost Protocol, which you should know, is pretty much the best film you'll see in your life. So far. This week.
• The Atlantic published an absolutely ridiculous piece by Nicolette Hahn Niman about how great it is to eat meat because DUH LADY YOU ARE THE MEAT QUEEN. I wish The Atlantic would let me publish pieces on how great it is give Laura Beck all your money because baby, I would. Actually, I can't blame her. Of course, I had to yell at her dumb ass about it and I don't regret it. That b didn't stand a chance; I always being a gun to a knife fight. What? It's for the animals!
• Here's some recipes for a delicious vegan Christmas dinner. Including one for "Egg-Nog Ice Cream Pie with Butter Rum Sauce." WHAT?!
• Pigeons are hella smart, science says so. So stop treating them like second-class citizens because a pigeon could be mayor some day. I mean, look at what's happening now in San Francisco. All bets are off!
• The extra rad pet website, Pawesome, is currently running a dollar for dollar donation campaign. Donate to the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society and they will match it and then we will all dance around in a cloud of puppy dog kisses and cat cuddles.
• Summer, the sweetest dog in all the land, is looking for a forever home. Is that you? She'll promise to greet you on Christmas morning with a million kisses and probably some baked goods, too. Seriously, this dog is special. SHE CAN BAKE! Maybe! Adopt her!
• Baby mountain gorilla, I love you. And I'm so happy your parents are getting freaky and you're making a comeback, because I love you so much and I just want to hug you and love you and keep you as a pet. NOT VEGAN, LAURA! Touché, but also, how cute would I look with a baby gorilla as a best friend? I'd get so much play! Until he accidentally crushed me! Worth it, you gotta live.
• And finally, BANANA NOG!!!
Follow SFoodie on Twitter: @SFoodie, and like us on Facebook.