(Pop) Tarts and Whisk(e)y Bars: This Week in Food Bloggery
|More artisanal pop tarts.|
Highlights from SFoodie this week:
1. Artisanal pop tarts are having a moment. You can buy William Werner's savory pumpkin hand pie from the Tell Tale Preserve Co. farmers' market stand, or pick Gillian Shaw's pop tarts up for your Thanksgiving meal at the Black Jet Baking Co. pop-up shop next Wednesday.
2. What's the SFoodie post I've heard the most about from friends? Lou Bustamante's visit to Nihon, whose whisk(e)y collection is unparalleled in the city and whose bartender maintains a database of tasting notes to help visitors navigate the collection.
3. Thank effin god. The Supes are easing restrictions on street-food vendors. And thanks to John Birdsall for covering the entire process so closely. Now, is the police department going to refund the $10,000 fee that all the existing microbusinesses have had to pay to start selling food on the street?
4. If you have 45 minutes and have a passion for fermented dough, feel free to read part I and part II of my Tartine Bread baking saga.
5. And finally, we're perhaps halfway through our phone calls and e-mails to local food people, asking them for their essential Thanksgiving dish. You can find links to the series so far at the bottom of every post. More to come next week.