Ten Things Other Than Ice Cream to Eat Today
|This $2 bag of cantaloupe with chile, lime, and salt saved my life yesterday.|
1. Bun (cold rice noodles) with grilled pork and a lemon soda at PPQ (1816 Irving, 661-8869).
2. Melon, pineapple, or cucumbers doused with chile, lime, and salt from the frutero cart at 21st and Mission.
3. Fresh fruit ice pops from Mandarina 535 Octavia (at Ivy), 861-5661.
|Halo-halo at Mictchell's.|
5. Cebiche mixto at La Mar Cebicheria (Pier 1.5, the Embarcadero, 397-8880).
6. Zaru soba (chilled buckwheat noodles) at Iroha (1728 Buchanan, 922-0321).
7. Green tomato gazpacho with salted cod cake at Range (842 Valencia, 282-8283).
8. Steak tartare at Chez Papa Bistrot (1401 18th St., 824-8205) or Cafe des Amis (2000 Union, 563-7700).
9. Papaya salad with raw crab or grilled prawns at Lers Ros (730 Larkin, 400-5690).