SF Street Food Festival's Silent Auction Packed with Gastro Swag
While the hype for Saturday's SF Street Food Festival is reaching fever pitch, the affiliated silent auction, going on now, has pretty much remained under the food universe's radar. The list of auction items reads like a horny gastronome's wet dream. Some highlights:
Claudine/Flickr Land the winning bid and make like Sam the Butcher at Avedano's.
• Channel your inner Alice and spend a day as a chef at Chez Panisse.
• Don't feel like cooking? Let Bi-Rite owner Sam Mogannam prepare a meal for you and nine of your closest friends at 18 Reasons.
• If you're more into Sam the Butcher, there are two whole-animal butchery experiences to choose from: one with the crew from Avedano's , the other with chef Kory Stewart of Americano.
• Steve Jobs can't get into Flour + Water, but you could bring your whole crew on down for a pasta-making class and dinner.
• Oenophiles will want to bid on a private walking tour and tasting at Scribe Winery, or to have sommelier extraordinaire Courtney Cochran come to your home and walk you through her favorite wines.
Check out the entire list of items at the SF Street Food Fest's auction page. Bidding ends August 26, and all proceeds benefit La Cocina, the incubator kitchen that helps low-income food entrepreneurs get their businesses started.