Mix Produce with Booze and What Do You Get? CUESA's Spring Cocktail Party
On Wednesday, CUESA and the San Francisco branch of the United States Bartenders' Guild will be transforming the front arcade of the Ferry Building into a cocktail party with some of the city's leading bartenders and chefs.
CUESA Beretta's Gabriel Lowe at a 2009 CUESA cocktail fest.
Eleven local bartenders will be serving 10 different cocktails using local farmers' market produce that celebrates spring bounty, ranging from cherries, strawberries, and citrus to rhubarb, pea pods, herbs, and radishes.
At $30 it's an amazingly approachable event, considering the quality and variety of goodies available to taste. List of participants and ticketing details after the jump.
Participating bartenders and bars include:
• Anson Stahl, Jardinière
• Aurora Siegel, Rose Pistola
• Brandon Josie, 15 Romolo
• Darren Crawford, Bourbon & Branch
• David Nepove from the Northern CA chapter of the USBG
• Jessica Maria, Hotsy Totsy Club
• Kate Bolton, Wexler's
• Michael Callahan, Gitane
• Sevan Araneda, Triple Crown
• Tina Marie Brandelli, Gather
• Trip Hosley, Sauce
Hors d'oeuvre provided by chefs and restaurants:
• Chad Newton, formerly of Fish & Farm
• Charlie Kleinman, Wexler's
• Katy Borzee, 15 Romolo
• Lauren Kiino and Doug Borkowski, Il Cane Rosso
• Luis Villavelasquez, Absinthe Brasserie and Bar
• Robbie Lewis, Bon Appétit Management Company
• Sascha Weiss and Pierre Mange, The Plant Café Organic
All proceeds benefit nonprofits CUESA and the USBG, so you can feel good about getting your drink and snack on.
Spring in Full Swing Cocktail Party
Date: Weds., May 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Location: San Francisco Ferry Building
Cost: $30; 21 and over only
Tickets: Available online