Five Local Ways to Pump(kin) it Up
|See's Candies' marshmallow Jack-O-Lantern.|
1. Devour a baked baby pumpkin at Afghan restaurant Helmand Palace (2424 Van Ness at Green), either as your main course (available with or without ground beef) or for a sweet side dish.
2. Indulge in milk chocolate covered marshmallow Jack-O-Lanterns and creamy pumpkin spice lollypops from See's Candies.
3. Thai pumpkin curry is divine; try a restaurant version at Chabaa Thai (2123 Irving at 23rd Ave.) or track down the street food remix from Magic Curry Kart this Friday.
4. Skip that cardboard crap from Costco and get a real pumpkin pie from Just Desserts (101 Fourth at Mission).
5. Ditch the diet with the goodness of full-fat pumpkin ice cream at Mitchell's (688 San Jose at 29th St.).