Eating Away the Blahs: The Week in SFoodie
• We ate like 15-year-olds with a thyroid condition this week -- call it consolation for the relentlessly shitty weather, the kind that drizzles just enough moisture onto the filthy hood of your Sentra to make it seem permanently flocked with grime. Meredith Brody kicked things off at the Ferry Building with a mouthful of rotisserie.
Meredith Brody Why stop at one?
• Tamara Palmer made herself feel better for missing this weekend's Gilroy Garlic Festival by acquiring some seriously reeky breath.
• Brody got a double-dog taste of upscale link love in the Tenderloin, even if she left feeling a tad ambivalent.
• We crunched the numbers and ran a high-low comparison of burgers topped with a certain tropical fruit. Our conclusion? Burgers are good. Really good.
• The Thursday street-food market at Ferry Plaza offered another excuse to gorge -- this time on Korean seaweed "tacos." We weren't alone.
• And what do you need after a week of dogs and burgers, Korean rib niblets and garlic fries? Something to help get rid of it all. Mary Ladd cracked a book designed to help us do just that. Thanks, Mary: It was the perfect way to make ourselves feel good after a week spent, um, making ourselves feel good.