Sexy Dishes Week Specials
• 83 Proof (83 First St. at Mission): Half-price on their cocktail contribution, Burnt Fig Sazerac (rye whiskey, burnt figs, agave nectar, orange bitters, absinthe) and Cactus Flower (Cazadores Reposado, elderflower liqueur, lavender-infused simple syrup, creme de Cassis, lime).
• Beach Chalet/Park Chalet (1000 Great Hwy at Ocean Beach): Half-price beignets with espresso anglaise in the Beach Chalet and half-price stout cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in the Park Chalet.
• California Cafe (50 University at Mullen, Los Gatos): A three-course "Bay Area Sexy Dishes Dinner" for $21.
• Market Street Grill (1231 Market at 8th): Half off entree of seared Branzini fish with heirloom bean ragout, rapini, and Chardonnay lemon butter nage.
• Piacere (727 Laurel at Cherry, San Carlos): Half-off Spring Fizz cocktail (Veloce, gin, elderflower liqueur, cucumber, mint, lemon, egg white) and launch party tonight (Monday, May 4)
• Sam's Chowder House (4210 Cabrillo Hwy N at Capistrano, Half Moon Bay): Half-off of ahi tuna poke or rock shrimp-bay scallop ceviche for patrons who bring in the book (also for sale there at Sam's Gift Shop).
• Schoggi Chocolate (87 Yerba Buena at Jessie): Half-off a chocolate sampler package of Swiss drinking chocolate, pastries, bon bons and a macaroon for patrons who bring in the book.
•Shanghai 1930 (133 Steuart at Mission): Prix-fixe meal for $29.95 that consists of Nanking spring rolls, Neptune hot & sour soup, choice of main (Szechuan chili prawns wiht sauteed leeks, chicken "lily" with black bean sauce, crispy chewy Szechuan beef, fish pillows with black and silver tree ears), and creme brulee.
TasteTV's blog Tasteable will post any late-breaking additions to the lineup; we've heard from a reliable source that there might be at least a few more interesting places that will be participating in the sexiness.