We Have an Art-On for the Best SF Weekly Covers of 2012
Here at SF Weekly, we value art big time (not just on this here arts blog, but across the board). We also happen to benefit from a kick-ass art director, one Andrew Nilsen, who curates the covers each week (and does 100,000 other things as well). Here are his top picks for 2012.
10. On the cover: Prop 13: The Building-Sized Loopholes Corporations Exploit, by Joe Eskenazi. January 4 issue.
9. On the cover: Indie on Top: Noise Pop Celebrates 20 Years of Independent Music, by Ian S. Port. February 22 issue.
8. On the cover: Fall Arts: Classical Revolution Charts a New Course, by Casey Burchby. September 5 issue.
7. On the cover: Tainted Saint: Mother Teresa Defended Pedophile Priest, by Peter Jamison. January 11 issue.
6. On the cover: Operation Midnight Climax: How the CIA Dosed S.F. Citizens with LSD, by Troy Hooper. March 14 issue.